29 december 2005

Tiger Lou, a sell out?

It’s been written on this blog a couple of weeks ago. The new Tiger Lou album “The Loyal” is pretty disappointing. Apart from the album titled single “The Loyal”, there are only half a handful of decent tracks on it. I like “Ten Minutes to take off” though.

Listen for your self:
Tiger Lou - The Loyal Album Player

There’s a reason why we here at DoCopenhagen are very disappointed of Tiger Lou. We know what he’s capable of! Check out these fabulous old tunes/videos.

Tiger Lou - Horatio
Tiger Lou - Sam as in Samantha

www.tigerlou.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

Living in the states it's hard to find any music like Tiger Lou's. I've been a fan of his music (and his wife's--I'm sure you've heard Las Puertas) for a few years now and I'm itching to hear The Loyal (the record, i love the song)...it sucks it's dissapointing. Any other recommendations?

16 januar, 2006 16:03  
Anonymous Anonym said...

It does not suck, why do you think that?!

29 januar, 2006 14:30  
Anonymous Anonym said...

At first I was disappointed too. It takes a little time to get into the album. I really love the song "all I have"!

01 februar, 2006 12:21  
Anonymous Anonym said...

He doesn't know what he is talking about, it's a bit diffrent from the other album but the loyal is not disapointing

11 februar, 2006 12:46  
Anonymous Anonym said...

This post proves to me that this album needs it's time to sink in, to really appreciate the wonderfull pieces put together. And obviously Christian hasn't given it a more deeper look.
I agree though that Tiger Lou's previous songs like 'Sam..' and his debut record 'Is My Head Still On?' is one of a kind with it's pure and untouched sound. But honestly, how depressing wouldn't it be to hear it all over again in a new record? You'll have to see this one like a growing process for Rasmus as an artist.. and I can tell you, it really isn't bad at all.. deeper and darker, yes, but your gonna get thoose familiar Tiger Lou chill's once you know the way to appreciate this record. His next album tho, that hopefully combines his two previous releases, gonna kick some serious butt.
Just my opinion though.

18 februar, 2006 14:05  

Send en kommentar

<< Home