20 oktober 2005

My Morning Jacket
















I have just resently discovered this band, and I must say that these Kentucky guys blow me away! and why? I'll let them explain for themselves:

"We wanted to make a record that grooved and swung," James says, "but wasn't trying to imitate classic soul. We wanted to keep an aspect of what we'd always done, but also make something you could dance to or listen to while driving home. Hip-hop and soul music are unifying people right now. I wanted to incorporate that into our music; to make this really sad, mysterious kind of dance music, something that really got into your butt, but also really got into your head and made you think."

Watch a short documentary on making their new album "Z"

2 tracks from their new album: Wordless Chorus & Off The Record